Since watching the video Enabling Dreams, it showed me the significance of early introduction to assistive technology. This video made me hopeful that anything is possible for people with disabilities and assistive technology is positively valuable for them to lead independent and productive lives. It is thought provoking, motivating, and provides enlightening information for those interested in learning about assistive technology. Enabling Dreams also introduced me to the world of assistive technology; the different areas of assistive technology, the different tools and how they might be used in different situations and settings for people with disabilities.
I also realized that for numerous students with disabilities; instructional accommodations, separate instruction, and assistive technology are very important elements of special education. Altogether, these supports help create that special instruction that allows students with disabilities to achieve their personal goals. Most significant is for these students to achieve their expectations of independence and success, and this is definitely a possibility with the help of assistive technology. With assistive technology, students with disabilities have access to thousands of devices to help make their learning and daily activities easier.
To accommodate students with disabilities, I plan to integrate assistive technology into my lesson planning when specified by the student's Individualized Education Plan or specific learning requirements. I would make sure that the appropriate and expected lesson modifications and accommodations are being implemented in the classroom. By creating effective instructional lesson plans that are motivational, engaging, and most especially fun for students with special needs, they will be able to productively join in learning activities, access the general education curriculum, and socialize with their peers. The more fully integrated assistive technology is into the methods and materials I use in the classroom, the more it will help a student learn and function productively in life.
Through Enabling Dreams, I gained understanding and empathy for the remarkable determination of people with disabilities. This video encouraged me to learn more about creating a more productive environment for students with special needs in the classroom. Also, to deepen my understanding of assistive technology, I am determined to explore the numerous assistive technologies available for students with disabilities.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi:
ReplyDeleteVery nicely written.
-j-